Riverside Enforcement of Divorce Agreements Attorney

Enforcement Of Divorce Agreement Lawyers California

When a court finalizes a divorce agreement, the agreement becomes binding. Breaking the terms of an agreement may cause a party to be held in contempt of court. If your ex has not followed the visitation plan you agreed upon, or if your ex is not making child support payments, you should seek legal counsel to find out more about your options for enforcement actions. Alternatively, if your ex is threatening you with an enforcement action, a lawyer can help reach an understanding while working to avoid potentially harsh consequences.

At Law Offices of Michelanne Hrubic, our attorney can help protect your interests no matter which side of the dispute you are on. To schedule an initial consultation at our family law firm in Riverside, call 951-888-1574.

The Court Takes Enforcement Actions Seriously

Failure to follow a custody and visitation plan, or refusing to make child support payments, are of serious concern to the court. Actions that may be taken against the noncompliant party may include garnishing his or her wages. In more serious cases, a person may be held in contempt of court and may even be placed in jail.

We hope that these serious consequences can be avoided. If a substantial change in a person’s life is making it difficult to meet his or her obligations, it may be necessary to seek a court-approved modification to a divorce decree. However, we are always prepared to tenaciously advocate for your interests in court, when necessary.

Contact Us For Help With Child Support Enforcement And Other Actions

We are dedicated to finding lasting solutions to all of your family law issues. Call us at 951-888-1574 or contact us online to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation. From our offices in Riverside, we provide representation to people throughout Southern California.

Family Law

Contact Our Firm

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.