Family Law FAQ

Family Law FAQ

At Law Offices of Michelanne Hrubic, our attorney helps to answer the questions people have regarding various aspects of family law. Below are some of the questions that we encounter frequently. It is important to keep in mind that everyone’s situation is unique and nothing can replace the knowledgeable advice that you receive from meeting with a lawyer. To schedule a consultation at our law firm in Riverside, call 951-888-1574.

Is it necessary to hire an attorney for a divorce? When both parties are in agreement with most issues in a divorce case, it can seem like hiring an attorney is overkill. However, a divorce is still a legal process, and it is important to ensure that your rights and interests are protected. A divorce agreement that is reached without the assistance of an attorney runs the risk of being unfair to one of the parties and may require extensive legal help in the future to correct any errors. It’s always best to err on the side of caution to save yourself the time and expense of a legal battle further down the line.

My ex is not paying the required amount of child support. What do I do? If your ex is not paying the full amount, or has stopped making child support payments altogether, you can seek enforcement actions with the help of an attorney. The threat of enforcement may be enough to get things going again. If not, options may include getting a court order to garnish your ex’s wages, or, if all else fails, requesting that the court find your ex in contempt, which may result in jail time.

I have custody of my child. Can I move out of state? A custody and visitation plan does not necessarily mean that you must stay in the same location until the child is an adult. However, if you have physical custody and wish to relocate, you need to notify the other parent. You may also need to modify the terms of your agreement through the court to reflect this change. You should never decide to pack up and move on your own. Doing so can have disastrous legal consequences. That is why it is important to seek legal counsel to explore your options.

Contact Us With Your Family Law Questions

We can help answer all of your family law questions. Call 951-888-1574 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. From our offices in Riverside, we provide legal counsel to people throughout Southern California.

Family Law

Contact Our Firm

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.